A Lesson from the Unexpected

Blog Task #4

the flood song/youtube

Nature has its own way of revenge,it maybe a flood,earthquake,tsunami,typhoon and etc.,but most importantly,we were vigilant,prepared,and present-minded at all times-the most strategic qualities of a person when engaging in an unexpected disastrous dilemma-and remember,"Grace under pressure."

It was an exciting Yuletide Season and I felt the calmness of the people,cool breeze of the sea and charms of the heavy-ringed bells for the "Misa de Aguinaldo" in the church.Since it was the first novena, my mom woke me up and I felt so dizzy,just like a child who wanted to be in bed to rest,but I intended to stand,to have a bath and to dressed myself. Moreover, I attended being absent-minded in the mass and couldn't recall the homily of the priest.After the mass was ended, I hurriedly went to my house to redress myself because it was a school day,yet,there will be an examination at that time.Although the day was so peaceful,the sun shone brightly and the sky was blue,I didn't see the beauty of the day because I was blinded of too much stress yet kept on memorizing my notes and other references about the covered topic.A couple of hours went by after my mentor was already done with segregating the test papers,he distributed the answer sheets and started the test.After that,our class jingle followed then our class adviser conducted a meeting and planned about the upcoming Christmas party.Consequently in the late afternoon,the meeting was adjourned and I leave the school,started to ran on the terminal and rode in a motorcycle.

As a student,I complied all my assignments but I was merely distracted by a beautiful drama on television so I leave my aside my books and notebooks in the study table,got a chair and put it in the corner and then sat.
When the drama was over,my tired body went to sleep and felt the cold breeze of the heavy-rained evening.

It was almost twelve o'clock in the evening when my cousin hardly shake my well-sleep body because of the trembling,roaring and annoying noise of the river,he said to me,"Mata na dong kay magbaha na!" Then in just a couple of seconds, I woke up immediately,lifted the refrigerator and other appliances that the water may be        
up to,packed several clothes and prepared some canned goods.Before the flood water reached the tap surface of the ground,together with the neighbors,we knotted a rope to the big tree then connected it to each of the neighbor's houses including ours to assure that we could evacuate as fast as we could.As expected the water reached almost in the upper chest of a human.After we safely put the valuable materials,the men hurriedly bonded their arms together to enable to the small children, elders and the women to cross over the raging waves of shallow flood water.When they were finished,the men started to cross while holding a rope.As first,I stepped on the muddy base ground and ignored the strike-to-the-bone chillness-it felt like I was in a freezer in an hour-just to survived from an unexpected phenomenon.By all means,the whole community went to a higher ground just to be saved.We stayed there in 5 hours.After that,we went back to the house and cleaned all the mess.

Besides of all circumstances,I thanked God for the protection and safeguard that no one of us were missing and no death incident came and in the essence that he gave us a way to live again.On the other hand, he made me quiet equipped in dealing with such circumstances so that I can help others in time of crisis and calamities and to value life at all means of survival.